cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to Lockdown CLI from ePO

Jump to solution

we have a dozen of servers that show Pending Action Lockdown CLI. Most likley engineer forgot to lockdown.

I would like to perform the task from ePO instead of remote in to each servers and run "sadmin lockdown"

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Re: How to Lockdown CLI from ePO

Jump to solution

THe last response you recieved from Johma was wrong. There is a Client task called Sc: Change Local CLI Access. 

You can push this client task via epo and set it to restricted and it will lockdown all clients. 

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee johma
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

HI, User16096767,

Unfortunately, this is not possible from ePO. After the console has been recovered all policy and tasks from ePO are ignored until the CLI is locked down again. 

You will need to find another way to issue the sadmin lockdown command. 

If you have remote access tools this may be an option. 

-------
If my answer helped you, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

THe last response you recieved from Johma was wrong. There is a Client task called Sc: Change Local CLI Access. 

You can push this client task via epo and set it to restricted and it will lockdown all clients. 

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

@BEllis,

Thanks for the correction. I will test that task and apply to the production servers.

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.