cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENS vs Application and Change Control

Jump to solution

If I understand ENS have similar functionality as Application and Change Control. So, why I need to use Application and Change Control if I have ENS? What the differents?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: ENS vs Application and Change Control

Jump to solution

ENS is more like antivirus/malware checker/preventer.

Application Control is whitelisting 

These are two different technologies.. Yes ENS Memory Protection is similar to application control but the question you really need to ask is what are you trying to accomplish.

1. Only scanning and preventing viruses 

or 

2. Locking down the computer to only applications you want to allow and make changes.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee gnautiya
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

The USP of Application and Chnage control is whitelisting as mentioned by my friend in first response.

You can control the execution of  files based on its file type, checksum and many more parameters.

You can also track the changes made to files residing on your system.

Also control the installation of packages, and track them.

Regards

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
2 Replies
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

ENS is more like antivirus/malware checker/preventer.

Application Control is whitelisting 

These are two different technologies.. Yes ENS Memory Protection is similar to application control but the question you really need to ask is what are you trying to accomplish.

1. Only scanning and preventing viruses 

or 

2. Locking down the computer to only applications you want to allow and make changes.

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee gnautiya
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

The USP of Application and Chnage control is whitelisting as mentioned by my friend in first response.

You can control the execution of  files based on its file type, checksum and many more parameters.

You can also track the changes made to files residing on your system.

Also control the installation of packages, and track them.

Regards

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.