cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haaris
Level 10

Disable mode to update mode

I have a confusion that whether we can directly move from the disable mode to update mode.

As far as I know we have to move from disable mode to enable mode and then to update mode.

Kindly specify me clearly

0 Kudos
11 Replies
haaris
Level 10

Re: Disable mode to update mode

Can anyone clear my doubt??

0 Kudos
neelima
Level 12

Best practice is to move from disable to observe mode and then into enable mode.

The enable task facilitates that workflow.

Why would you like to go in update mode?

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

Hi Neelima,

We have some problem on one solaris server & we changed it to disable mode from enable mode...But I have to generate some log by moving it to update mode from disable mode after that i will again move it to disable mode until the problem is solved..

So, I just want to know that i can directly move from to update mode from disable mode OR I have to go to enable mode from disable mode and then update mode????

plzzz confirm...

0 Kudos
neelima
Level 12

You have to come out of update mode by running "End Update" task and then run "disable" task.

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

Will moving from disable mode to update or from update mode to disable mode requires a reboot like moving from disable to enable or from enable to disable mode.

Plzzz confirm me about te same

0 Kudos
Artfulbodger
Level 13

Hi

Take a look at page 66 in the product guide http://www.intel.co.uk/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/guides/mcafee-application-control-prod... which explains that Update mode is used to update the Whielist in an Emergency when the machine is in Protected State.

Regards

Rich

Volunteer Moderator

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

Hi Rich,

I know that & had done many times in past...

I want to know the possibilty of my question ..

0 Kudos
neelima
Level 12

You can go from 'disable' to 'update' mode by using the "Begin Update mode" task.

Before ending update mode, ensure that your local whitelist is complete and current.

If you want to move to update mode immediately after deploying the product, you need to push the license to the client before running the tasks.

'Enable' task takes care of all these steps in one go hence its advisable to use that.

0 Kudos
gnautiya
Level 8

Hi,

Moving from disable to update mode does not require a reboot, but if you want to move vice versa i.e. from Update to disable, reboot is mandatory.