cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Configure Application Control to work with vMWare AppStack

I'm trying to figure out how I can setup vMWare AppStacks / AppVolumes to be trusted with Application control in a VDI environment. I installed Application Control on the VDI Master and let it run in Observe Mode and pulled the inventory, then switched it to Enabled and snapped it to recompose the virtual pool. All of that worked well, the problem became when we started trying to attach applications via AppStacks. I can't seem to find a way to trust the location.

I was hoping I could trust all the AppVolumes since they are read only and we know the software on them is trusted and approved. However I see blocks like this in the SolidCore Events, use Adobe Reader AppStack as an example:

Local Whitelist - File no present in whitelist

Execution Denied

\??\Volume{00003ff-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\SVROOT\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRD32.exe

Is there any guidance on how to make this work?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community