cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer locks up with McAfee Application Control

I have McAfee Agent 5.5.1.342 deployed to about 10 machines that are all either Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7 ultimate. If I rdp into a machine the CPU usage goes to a 100% for a period of time. After the CPU usage usually goes down to around 50%. Even after the CPU usage goes down and no matter what I'm doing on the machines they will freeze and become unresponsive. What's weird is when the CPU usage goes to 100% or when the machine locks up there aren't any processes that increase. The ePO Orchestrator is used in a closed evironment along with the 10 machines with no internet or external access. I can still ping the machines but cannot login from another machine through rdp or ssh. The machines will typicllay lockup for around 5-30 minutes and than everything will go back to normal and than the system will lockup again. Any idea what could be causing this? When I log into the ePO Orchestrator I don't see any alerts or threats on the machine when it locks up. In the McAfee Agent, Solidcore logs or Windows Event viewer I don't see anything that sticks out either. I'm currently using ePO version 5.9.1 and Solidcore Client for Windows 8.2.0.140.

Labels (3)
1 Reply
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Computer locks up with McAfee Application Control

Hi ajarosz0,

I'm thinking the matter is related to some aspect of App control and its current configuration.

ePO and the MA deliver to the other products policy, settings and tasks.

As the logs appear to hold little of interest I'd ask that you call support and speak with the the App control team see if they can uncover what is happening.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator