cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification Application Control KB91257?

From my understanding the Solution provided in KB91257 is to apply update MACC 8.2.1 Update 5 or later or MACC 8.0.2 Update 1 or later? And update to the latest MACC 8.2.6/8.3 extension? Correct.

AppvnI'm currently on 8.2.1.143. Do I still need to resolidfy my systems after I upgrade to 8.2.1.435?

Please let me know. I am pressed for time to get systems upgraded as soon as possible.SHAREit

2 Replies
yaz
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Clarification Application Control KB91257?

Hi @WilsonEvans 

Thank you for reaching out to McAfee Community.

If you are on 8.2.1.143, then you may need to upgrade to 8.2.1.435 if you still see this issue. 

In that case, as mentioned in the KB,  "You still need to resolidify clients if upgrading to newer client from 8.2.1.143 and below and didnt resolidify on upgrading to 8.2.1.435."

Was my reply helpful?

If yes, kindly give me a kudo. If this resolves your query, kindly mark this as solution so that together we help other community members

Craig2
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Clarification Application Control KB91257?

Systems that are in production are at risk of having unwanted files on them, files that were added post-deployment--files that are currently being blocked, protecting the system.  Isn't resolidification going to solidify those unwanted files?  If so, how do we prevent that?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community