Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Clarification Application Control KB91257

Jump to solution

From my understanding the Solution provided in KB91257 is to apply update MACC 8.2.1 Update 5 or later or MACC 8.0.2 Update 1 or later? And update to the latest MACC 8.2.6/8.3 extension? Correct.

I'm currently on 8.2.1.143. Do I still need to resolidfy my systems after I upgrade to 8.2.1.435?

Please let me know. I am pressed for time to get systems upgraded as soon as possible.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Clarification Application Control KB91257

Jump to solution

Hi @kblowe 

Thank you for posting on the community.

That's correct. As the solution, you need to upgrade MACC client version to one of the following.

• MACC 8.2.1 Update 5 or later
  • MACC 8.0.2 Update 1 or later

Also, you need to upgrade the extension to the Latest 8.2.6 or 8.3.1.

Currently we have MACC 8.3.x and the latest client build is 8.3.1.124 and the extension is 8.3.1.111. You can use this version based on supported environment. Please refer to https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87944.

After you upgraded the client to 8.2.1.435 or later, you need to resolidify the system volume based on the following steps. And if MACC is not update-mode, you need to change the mode to update-mode in advance.

config set SoPriority=2
config set MaplCommLostRestart=0
so C:\
config set MaplCommLostRestart=5
config set SoPriority=1
eu

I hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @kblowe 

Thank you for posting on the community.

That's correct. As the solution, you need to upgrade MACC client version to one of the following.

• MACC 8.2.1 Update 5 or later
  • MACC 8.0.2 Update 1 or later

Also, you need to upgrade the extension to the Latest 8.2.6 or 8.3.1.

Currently we have MACC 8.3.x and the latest client build is 8.3.1.124 and the extension is 8.3.1.111. You can use this version based on supported environment. Please refer to https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87944.

After you upgraded the client to 8.2.1.435 or later, you need to resolidify the system volume based on the following steps. And if MACC is not update-mode, you need to change the mode to update-mode in advance.

config set SoPriority=2
config set SoPriority=1
eu

I hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Ok thanks. Are the commands to be ran separately (6 commands) or is this one big command?

config set SoPriority=2

config set SoPriority=1

eu

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello @kblowe 

They are all separate commands inside of one SC: Run Command task.

Please make sure to place them in given order.

I hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Ok got it. thank you!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello @kblowe ,

Yes , The systems must be resolidified after upgrading the client from from 8.2.1.143 and below to MACC update 5 and so .

Thank you ,

McAfee Support .

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community