Can we control application version by solidcore?
- We will block unapprove version and approve version we want to use by hash.
- If the software is not an updater, can the software update automatically?
We want to use whatsapp version 12, and block version 13.
- So we add only hash whatsapp version 12 in whitelist and ban hash version 13.
- Whatsapp is not an updater, so whatsapp block update automatically? we can make sure whatsapp cannot update to version 13 automatically.
- We will update whatsapp by script and add the new hash of whatsapp?
Hi @DucDinh ,
Thankyou for reaching us on community !
If the files are solidified, then we will be blocking the modification of that file unless you allow it.
Solidcore can block if you attempt to make changes to a solidified file if you do no have the setup/install script as updater.
Also, solidcore uses 'package control' feature to monitor and block installation, uninstallation and updating of applications .
I hope this helps.
Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
There is no difference as such for desktop and client. You will have to only make sure that you set correct rule groups for applications in servers and workstations and apply to policies for server and policies for client.