cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

CC - compatible McAfee Agents?

Hello,

are there ANYWHERE some informations about what McAfee Agent is compatible to which AC/CC Version? I do not need to know AC/CC6.2 and previous are compatible to McAfee 4.5.x and 4.6.x. I need to know for McAfee Agent 4.8.x, 5.0.x and upcoming 5.x Agents for which I did not find ANYTHING at all in this matter...sadly

greetings

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: CC - compatible McAfee Agents?

did you check the release notes etc? (or the list McAfee products supported platforms)?

I assume CC should work the same way as AC.

We have MA 4.8 (latest) - and it works. S.o. mentioned that there was a problem with MA 5.0.1, that was fixed with 5.0.2+

Highlighted

Hello,

I know now the supported Agents are at least 4.8 und upwards but no, there are no known KB-articles nor release notes to me where this info is printed, sadly.

greetings

Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

I know - sometimes it can be really tricky to check what combinations of "ePO + MA + product A + product B + ... + Operating System" are compatible - as not all documents are updated (e.g. ePO 5.3 was not available when AC x was released etc).

this

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB76459&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f...

may give some links to RN/known issues etc and there you also may find some hints. In your case I only read that MA 5.x is mentioned (so its supported). But as there where also some known issues - I would recommend to use the latest 5.x version.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community