cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willsonlebig
Level 11

Application and Change Control 6.1: Windows XP ISSUE

Hi all,

I want to share an application control problem with you.

In fact, I have deployded  Application and Change Control 6.1 with success on Windows 7.

But concerning the deployment on Windows XP systems, when I enable  Application and Change Control 6.1 the systems reboot and hang so that we can never logon to the computers.

I need your help to find what is problem with the Windows XP systems.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
meforum
Level 10

Re: Application and Change Control 6.1: Windows XP ISSUE

have you tried to run in observe mode? does it logg anything?

It COULD be sth of the following:

- (pending) windows updates (that I guess will be tried to be installed/configured on startup) -> check policies

- some logon scripts etc (on SYSVOL or other network shares) -> configure trusted paths/directories

regarding policies: there are some pre-defined policies/policy groups like "windows update", windows ... (system), ... or so (maybe it was sth microsoft...?) .

Try to check those policies and (may) add them.

0 Kudos
meforum
Level 10

and btw: we had some similar issues on a test machine (not sure if xp or win7) - we managed somehow to fix that machine by starting with safe mode, disabeling mcafee services, starting ... enabeling policies (or maybe removing solidcore fist?) pushing vorrect policy).

at the end everything works find ... not sure what it was ... BUT ... we also diabled malwarebytes .software/service ... so mybe there was some conflict e.g. checking for roorkit at startup or so ...

0 Kudos
willsonlebig
Level 11

Thank you Meforum for yours advices!

I will try to follown yours instructions.

0 Kudos