Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Application Control trial version: installation issues on Windows 10

Jump to solution

I'm trying to install Application Control trial version (7.0.1.248) in Windows 10 but the setup is interrupted by Windows Compatibility manager that shows me a notification stating:

"McAffee AppControl (Solidifier) can't run on Windows

Thhis app may decrease PC security or performance. Check for an updated app that runs on this version of Windows"

I noticed there's a newer version (8.2.x) but the latest available for trial seems to be the 7.0.1.248.

I tried the installation in two differebt PCs and in a virtual machine but I always get the same error.

Are there any way to solve or workarond my problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Application Control trial version: installation issues on Windows 10

Jump to solution

Hi @AB7 

Thank you for posting on the Community.

App Control 7.0.1.248 is only supported on very early versions of Win 10 as outlined in this KB article: 
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87944

There is no workaround but I will take up this topic with the Product Managers, to see if we can make a newer version of App Control available as a trial version in the future. For now, I'm afraid you will need to find a system with a compatible OS to trial the software on.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @AB7 

Thank you for posting on the Community.

App Control 7.0.1.248 is only supported on very early versions of Win 10 as outlined in this KB article: 
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87944

There is no workaround but I will take up this topic with the Product Managers, to see if we can make a newer version of App Control available as a trial version in the future. For now, I'm afraid you will need to find a system with a compatible OS to trial the software on.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks both for replying. I will do first tests with a differente OS but at some  we will need to evaluate into the real hardware that will be equipped with Windows 10, I hope McAffee would be able to release a trial version full supporting Windows 10 quite soon.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @AB7 

The Product Manager was already able to respond to me that they are already in the planning process to update the trial version available. An updated version is expected within the next few months. I appreciate this may not help you right now, so do apologise for any inconvenience this is causing you.

As @Benjamin_Ellis mentioned - if you contact your Sales Rep, they may be able to sort something out for you in the meantime.

Was my reply helpful?
Highlighted

Jump to solution

See KB87944 for supported environments.

IF you have a problem with the Trial please talk to your Sales Rep or Account team.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community