cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Control installation failed via ePO client task

I have a small amount of sporadic systems that are failing on the installation of Application Control that are run either as a scheduled client task, or a Run Client Task now - Product Deployment. We are running the latest version 7 in our environment.

As a test, I have tried pushing version 6 to no avail. I have also pushed with both HIPS Firewall and IPS disabled, as well as Virus Scan Access Protection disabled.

Every time, the ePO error shows:

Details: Product "SOLIDCOR5000_WIN" installation failed, reason "Unknown error"..

All other products pushed fine. Any ideas of what else I can try?

4 Replies
bdubya
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Application Control installation failed via ePO client task

About all I can suggest is to look locally on each computer in the Application Event Log (source: MsiInstaller) and get more info from c:\windows\solidcore_setup.log and/or c:\windows\solidcore_installer.log. I find it's usually an msiexec error.

For 1603 - May need to manually uninstall solidcore if it got part-way through and bombed.  Sometimes there's just an install already running or Solidcore actually did install and it just needs a reboot.

Highlighted

Might not be related, but we had a similar issue on our endpoints. After analysing a ProcMon dump we found the presences of a `C:\Program Files\McAfee\Solidcore` directory from a previous version was causing the installation to fail. Simply deleting this directory allowed the installation to succeed.

HTH,

Mick

i have a similar issue with RSD 5.0.5 - i can deply via ePO but when i try to remove it via ePO i receive

the problem for me is that for a test i installed it successfully on more than 250 clients and now i have to remove them....:-(

lozaza
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

we had this problem in linux that turned out the firewall is blocking the port. can you do wakeup agent and check the version compatibility.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator