cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Control causes slowness issues on servers

Hi,

Am facing application performance issues on servers(win 2003). The applications are not blocked or generating any alerts in event logs but they are taking too long to execute which otherwise take seconds if solidcore disabled.

Any suggestions how to proceed,

Thanks,

Sonia

4 Replies
pat.mccann
Level 7

Re: Application Control causes slowness issues on servers

Hi,

Have a look at other applications that may be interacting with scsrvc.exe file operations

We had a similar issue with performance when we were running another vendors Anti-virus product that was not able to do process exclusions. Once we upgraded and were able to apply process exclusions the performance increased. The issue was for every file operation performed on an application solidcore checks the file. A real time AV scan was then performed on the file (this could also trigger a solidcore check causing a loop). McAfee AV I belive has  the default McAfee process exclusions configured by default but I would confirm that it is applied. Sysinternals procmon.exe is helpful in identifying applications with high disk usuage.

Regards

Pat

0 Kudos
vyasra
Level 9

File a support ticket and provide me the SR. I will track it down for the issue faced by you.

Regards,

Rakesh Vyas

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi,

i saw such a problem with application control in a POC.

Try to configure a exeption rule for the process under -> Solidcore 6.2.0:General > Exception Rules (Windows)

Cheers

0 Kudos
waldo1308
Level 7

I have the same issues. SC is 8.0. Applications are not blocked and all resources are within limits. Taking too long to execute. I have disabled SC on this particular environment for now.

0 Kudos