cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan1
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Application Control - Windows system-specific files not included in the whitelist

Jump to solution

Hi,

At page 14 of the McAfee Application Control 8.0.0 Product Guide - Section "How the Whitelisting works", the following text is included:

"When the whitelist is created for Windows, Application Control does not include system-specific files
that are protected by the operating system. For example, pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys."

Where can I find the full list of these system-specific files which are not included in the whitelist? I did not find this information anywhere (datasheet, Knowledge Center, etc.)

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Application Control - Windows system-specific files not included in the whitelist

Jump to solution

Hi @Alan1

I'm afraid no such list exists. The main two files which are excluded are - as already mentioned in the guide - pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Application Control - Windows system-specific files not included in the whitelist

Jump to solution

Hi @Alan1

I'm afraid no such list exists. The main two files which are excluded are - as already mentioned in the guide - pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
wouterr
Level 11
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

files which are being controlled by application control can be seen trough following command:

sadmin scripts list

files/folders being excluded in some form:

sadmin skiplist list

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center