Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 15

Re: blocked by intel Anti Theft

I have already informed you that the Product is *End of Life*  I clearly gave you instructions in the above thread, as there is nothing more that I can say or do unfortunately. There is no sense in having to keep repeating myself. I am sorry....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Also CD and I are volunteer moderators here we have limited permissions and passcodes even if they were available for Anti theft is something we cannot access. The forum tech has posted in several of these threads re Anti theft saying the same  So if what CD gave you cannot help sorry.

Has anyone found a fix for this? I've shelved my laptop a year ago after spending 6 months trying to find resolve. It's a Asus V500c with an i5 processor. I was told tough luck last time I tried. This is definitely my last Asus

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 15

There are no new laptops being made that has anti theft installed in the hardware. The product support ended 2 years ago and though the techs helped for a bit past that they have now ended all support so we have been told. Sorry if you do not know the password for AT there is nothing McAfee or Asus can do.

Please no messenger shooting.

Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Marking thread as "Assumed Answered" and locking

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community