cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocked by intel Anti Theft

Hello my laptop was blocked by intel Anti Theft last night. Can someone please help me how to resolve this?

14 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 15

Re: blocked by intel Anti Theft

We have been told that if you do not know the paraphrase/password you are stuck. This product is EOL of life 2 years ago and end of support similar time. They are not assisting anymore sorry.

Some reading

Re: Laptop locked by Anti Theft. Please help.

anti theft locked

How to unlock anti theft

Anti theft EOL announcement

Many people are having the same problem with the Anti-Thief. The Anti-Thief it's impossible to remove from the PC and we can't recover this #$@ password. Furthermore, to change the motherboard it is unadimissible reccomendation once we need just a password or a token. Why are you still selling this product ? why the solutions links are broken? It is really terrible customer service problem. Please, just help us with solutions to get the token or  to recover our password. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm realy sad with this problem. I thought McAfee was a safety reference software for PC, but it is not.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 15

As Peacekeeper stated, unfortunately the only other recourse is to contact the Manufacturer/or replace the Motherboard.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Chage the motherboard. Really? because of a password? are you crazy man? I don't have money for that.

Why I need to call The Manufacturer if the problem is with your software? Man it's only a password or a token. Where can I recover that?

are there someone to call in McAfee to solve my problem? I'm from Brazil.

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Refer to this post,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 15

You can try to contact Technical Support However the product is EOL. As we have clearly stated.

Support to Anti-theft Service ended 2 years back and there has been several email notices sent to customers requesting to un-enroll the service prior to EOL.

If your device is locked you may be able to retrieve your unlock password through the Anti-Theft web portal through the expired subscriptions link on the subscription page of My Account. Support does not have access to your password.The ability to unlock your device remains unchanged; you will need to enter your 8 character unlock password. If you are unable to remember or recover your unlock password, the Anti-Theft service will follow its design and lock the device. At this point, your only option would be to contact your computer’s manufacturer to request service - in most cases this means replacing the motherboard.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Catdaddy I can't understand why you can't give me the steps to get a token or a password to recover my notebook. A new motherboard is not necessary. It's the worst solution. It's almost the same of saying to me buy a new PC. Can you understand that it is only a password? what do you do with your money. Do you throw in the trash?