cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to uninstall Anti Theft service.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm about to install a new anti-virus and it requires me to remove Anti Theft service, now I'm having difficulty removing it due to the following reasons:

1) I lost my account information, so I could not get past the uninstall verification process requiring my registered e-mail and the password.

2) I'm no longer able to access my registered e-mail, so there's no way for me to reset my account password, nor am I able to update my account info.

I just want this thing done, so I can install my new anti-virus.

Hope anyone can help me with this ASAP.

Thank you,

Ian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Unable to uninstall Anti Theft service.

Jump to solution

We were able to set up a remote session with Ian. we removed AT from the control panel successfully.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 19

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Do you remember the answers for security Questions that you created while registering with this service?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for the response!

I can't recall the security questions I created. Perhaps if I could see the question, I could definitely answer it.

By the way, I just created this account today just to seek help about my forgotten AT service account.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

No more response? Really? I really need to have this fixed please. I know the e-mail I used to register for that service, it's just that I lost access to it. Yahoo! requires a code sent to a number that was lost, so I can't access my mail! This Anti Theft thing just came with my laptop when I bought it, and it's ridiculous that none of the developers of that service has something to offer to fix problems regarding their product!

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I've sent a chaser email to that person.

---

Peter

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi.

I'm sorry, I'll make it clear. The e-mail that I used to register for the Anti Theft service is no longer accessible, that is why I could not get past the verification process during the uninstall process. And regarding the security question, I'm really sorry I could not recall what it is, but I believe I can answer it correctly if you send the question to my new e-mail. Thanks for the reply.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Re: Re: Unable to uninstall Anti Theft service.

Jump to solution

Please post back the Service Provider ID and Platform ID that will be shown on the laptop lock screen. This is to pull up your Account info and Security Questions.

If you have unlocked your PC try running the ESU tool to grab the requested information. Check out here

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi there, I already posted the requested info.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Re: Re: Unable to uninstall Anti Theft service.

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I will contact you shortly through a Private Message. Please standby

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Community Messaging is down right now FYI.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community