cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove anti-theft.

Hi, I am trying to uninstall Anti Theft but I just get the message 'We're sorry. There was a problem removing the software. Please try again.'

Since I installed it my files have been marked as read only and I have many times been told I do not have the privileges to save on my own computer. It is immensely damaging to my business. Please help if you can.

Kind regards

Jim

6 Replies
kmk
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to remove anti-theft.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I will send detailed instructions on the PM, Do respond back.

best

Kailash

McAfee Team

Thanks Kailash,

What do you need to know? My machine is a Sony Vaio Duo running WINDOWS 8. I have followed the instructions for removal, made sure it was connected to the internet and used the internet address and password for the product. Thus I am really not sure where to go next.

Kind regards

Jim

kmk
Level 9
Message 4 of 7

Could you check your PM?

Yesterday I had send detailed steps in the mail.

Requesting you to go through that and respond back.

best

Kailash

McAfee Team

Thanks Kailash.

I have sent off a rather massive file to you. Let me know if it does not arrive.

Kind regards

Jim

kmk
Level 9
Message 6 of 7

Jim,

I have received your data, We will analyze the issue and will come back with possible solution.

best

Kailash

McAfee Team

Hi Kailash

Have you had any other thoughts? It is still installed and refusing to uninstall. I am connected to the internet.

I am on a 90 day free trial. Will it automatically uninstall at the end of that time? I am very nervous about having an apparently uncontrollable bit of software on my computer that can prevent me getting access to my computer and occasionally stops me saving my work.

Regards

Jim