cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: My VAIO T Series ultrabook was blocked by Intel Anti-Theft. Need help to unlock Anti-Theft

and , Thank you for all the help and your time.

I have forwarded the query to my manager (as its a notebook at work), I will get back to you guys as soon as I hear back from them.

Kind Regards.

Re: My VAIO T Series ultrabook was blocked by Intel Anti-Theft. Need help to unlock Anti-Theft

Hello ​ and ​,

I hope you both are having a good day. Thank you once again for the all the time you have put in to help me in this matter.

I forwarded the query to my manager, which was then forwarded to the employee of the organization who had installed this software on the notebook given to him, and they have not been able to answer the security questions which were provided by selvan.

I was wondering can you provide me with the email address associated with the account (from where you fetched the security questions, which I am guessing you have access to account information), so I could try recovering the password by "Forgot your password" feature on the website. If we could know the email address, then may be we can try pursuing the solution from our end via the "Forgot your password" tool.

Or is there anything else you can recommend me in this matter?

I really appreciate you helping me out in this matter.

Thank you.

Hey guys,

Any update? Will it be possible for you to share the information I requested for? You can PM me if thats more suitable.

Looking forward.

Thank you.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 14 of 19

Could you confirm that your issue has been resolved/ Or if you require any additional assistance?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Hi, I have the same issue on my Sony Vaio. I have been using it for years, bought it from Sony and never knew anything about this lockout security until three days ago when it popped up with any error after I went to unplug the laptop and move it to another location (which I have been doing for years). I have no idea what the passphrase is, I never created an online account at Intel or Mcafee, never knew I was supposed to, never got any emails about its EOL. Sony was not helpful, Intel has stated that know longer even talk about this issue in their tech support dept. I am completely stuck on how to get my laptop back to working! Is there a solution? Thanks, Greg

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 19

We have been told that if you do not know the paraphrase/password you are stuck. This product is EOL of life 2 years ago and end of support similar time. They are not assisting anymore sorry.

Some reading

How to unlock anti theft

Anti theft EOL announcement

Hi peacekeeper, yes I have read that but also read some instances where the device manufacturer did something unknown and people said thanks in blogs. Although the something was not specified, as PMs were involved. I have a call in to Sony to see if they documented the original installation passphrase, which by all rights should have been given to me when I bought the bloody thing! I hate to just toss out an (ex) perfectly working machine due to this malfeasance.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Understand your reasoning there was some assistance past the cutoff but the powers that be said enough is enough and stopped all assistance.  If Sony canny help it is a new motherboard or recycle it i am afraid.

If anyone has had help from anywhere to get this resolved please let me know at Email address removed for personal privacy concerns ....I have been on the phone with intel/mcAfee, Sony, Best Buy to no avail. I'm thinking of contacting an athorny for a class action lawsuit due to the fact that so many people didn't set a password and now our perfectly good laptops are now pieces of junk....lmk what you all think and please let me know if anyone has resolved this issues in any way thanks

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community