I installed McAfee when I got my laptop in september 2013, after changing a setting through the web console it stopped syncing correctly with my latoptop. I got hold of tech support and they messed around with my laptop remotely and then finally said they needed to speak to the research team. Scince then I have gone over to south africa and was unable to allow remote desktop connectivy due to lack of/poor internet for a while. Then a month ago I was able to do remote support and replied to a meesage from the support team so they could get hold of me. This took a while to hear back howerver I finally got a call and had a tier 2.5 work on my computer, and did all the checks that was done before only this time some logs were cllected, and I was told I may need a new motherboard!!! however they would speak to the research team and try get a workaround in a couple of days. Then I get an update a couple of days later only to be told that they have not heard from the research team and that I cannot get an estimated date to hear back from the research team.
So I have now dealt with this annoying anti theft for around five months now. In the process of me trying to get it off my laptop is now not reading my new msata drive and the company I bought if from will not take it back untill I have updated the bois and checked if it works then, however I am unable to flash my bois thanks to the anti fheft. I really need a solution to this soon. Please can you tell me who I can speak too/what I can do to get this escalated higher and as a priority? As this has become ridiculous, my computer has been messed up by your software and now nobody can fix it. I have been polite, extremely patient and understaning with everyone I have spoken to, however I now feel that this has just left me as less of a priority.
Sorry for the Inconvenience caused. Kindly post back the Service Request number for this Incident so that i can dig deep into your case.
Thanks for the quick response my Service Request Number: 484570-1208013942. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated.
Thank you for your reply with the Service Request number. We shall have our senior Tech team go through it and will contact you with the details on the Service Request to further discuss this issue.
We will surely help you resolve the issue that you are facing.
Thank you for the update and I hope to hear from them soon with a solution.
The Service Request that you posted is under Investigation with a Tier 3 Technician. We are waiting a Response from them since it seems to be a Backend Server issue.
We might call you for getting further information / logs if required.
Highly appreciate your Patience..!
Hi Chinthani Selvan P,
Thank you for keeping me updated. Is there any timeframe I can work with on this? Also please allow some notice as to when you/somebody would like to work on my pc. It would be prefferable after 7PM (GMT+2) during the week or on the weekend.
We thank you for your patience in this issue. We are still waiting for a Response from the McAfee Tier 3 team. We will call you on your preferred time and will help you resolve the issue once we get an update from them.
Thanks for your understanding.
Pritish P.Message was edited by: pc_selvan on 1/20/14 10:20:16 AM CST
Well I have had no call from the tech team. However I have tried uninstalling it again myself and it has finally worked. So there was obviously some problem at the servers end which someone has looked at and yet nobody notified me to let me know.
Thanks to whover did sort this out at the servers end. I am glad to be rid of this product and I really can't see me using/recommending McAfee to anyone. However I do recomend to steer clear of this product as when it goes wrong there is nothing you can do but wait for McAfee, and hope at some point someone will finaly sort it out.