cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Anti-theft locked and EOL on support, now laptop is paper weight

I have a Sony Viao Ultrabook which cost me a pretty penny and recently the SDD had gone kaput.  I just replaced it only to power it on with Anti-theft locking me out.  Now never enrolled for this service and did not know about it until now.  researched MAT and only to find it is EOL and that I have a laptop as paper weight.  McAfee, please help me. There is no other solution as I have researched the internet and found nothing helpful except for this community.  If anyone can help, I can provide the platform ID.  Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Intel Anti-theft locked and EOL on support, now laptop is paper weight

Unfortunately and please do not shoot the messenger but McAfee has stopped supporting this product. as you said it was EOL 2015 and Mcafee supported it a bit past that. usually one sets a password and secret questions. and follows

How to check your Pc's enrollment status

How to unlock a PC locked by anti theft

Possible that who you bought it from enrolled it  that said if above no help you will need a replacement motherboard I hear.

Sorry have to pass this on I am not a McAfee employee just a user here helping out.

As you can see from the other post you tagged onto even Mcafee support says they cannot help.

Moderator selvan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Intel Anti-theft locked and EOL on support, now laptop is paper weight

Marking thread "Assumed Answered"

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!