cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Computer blocked by anti theft

Good morning. I just started my computer and found it blocked by McAfee anti theft technology.

I tried following the steps provided by the How to unlock a computer that was locked by Anti-Theft article, but none of the options seem possible.

Since the service has been disabled since 2013 the only email I could have used for an account is a_ferrari@ymail.com , but I asked for password reset for this address and nothing came. The only account I have has nothing but a phone acquired in 2017. 

It is very important that I solve this as soon as possible.

The platform id is 0000E49F

The recovery id is QB6JUZGNB25XC7437YHPYL3IA

Thank for your help,

Andy.

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Computer blocked by anti theft

Hi @Andyfstudio ,

Kindly use the follow the instructions given in this article TS101587 to unlock your PC.

Highlighted

Re: Computer blocked by anti theft

Unfortunately I am not able to use any of the options. I don't have a McAfee account for this computer. I don't know how this anti theft system got there to begin with, the only device I ever had McAfee on was a mobile phone. Therefore I can't get any codes or passwords for anything.

The only thing I have is a recovery id, but I can't seem to find where I should type that to get to a recovery code as specified in the last section of the article. 

I don't really know how to proceed giving that I don't have an account.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community