cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outlook express and spam

Mcafee is putting good emails in the anti-spam folder.Some of the recipients are in my address book. How can I avoid this happening and how can I tell outlook exp that these are not spam? Have outlook exp 2006 on an xp serv pk 3 netbook.

14 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 15

Re: outlook express and spam

On toolbar for anti spam is there a set an add friend option? Does that work?

Check the settings for anti spam is it set to restricted? You can also set custom filtering rules

Thanks--are you talking about the anti-spam on the McAfee Total Protect. page? I do not have an anti spam toolbar on outlook exp. however it has been checked on the McAfee page.(maybe I deleted it as I get real tired of everyone's toolbars taking up space on a netbook) I'm not sure where to go with this. I could always just leave any spam in my inbox but I also do not know how to mark mail as spam or not spam--guess goes back to that tool bar that I do not have. Thanks for more help.

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Yes all that on the toolbar. Can you take a pic of the OE tool bar please. Also have you an anti spam folder under inbox?

So the Box below is on? Also unde email processing is the store in anti spam folder ticked? BTW that pic is 2011 beta version but you should get the gist of what I mean.

APC - 2011.01.04 10.54 - 001.3d.jpg

Of course removing Mcafee and reinstalling it could clear this up. Removal instructions HERE

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 4/01/11 10:58:41 AM
Aldrin
Level 12
Message 5 of 15

Outlook support was dropped for all versions below 2003. This means there will be no toolbar for those clients. Messages still will be filtered for POP3 standard port accounts though, this is called "on-wire" filtering and is done through Proxy.

However, open Outlook Express click on About Outlook Express and write the complete version details here…

Outlook Exp.JPG

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Welcome back Mate.. I would have expected if one used windows update that outlook express should be at version 6 and fully updated.

See wat the OP says...

Outlook Express 6.00.2900.552 (xpsp.080413-2105

Yes there is an anti spam folder under the inbox in oe

My McAfee box looks just like your picture

I think oe screenshot is attached

Message was edited by: golfer13 on 1/3/11 11:21:55 PM CST

oops wrong screen-try again

okv
Level 11
Message 9 of 15

Your client is supported, but unfortunately in addition to you filtering issues, there's known issue with OE toolbar (https://community.mcafee.com/message/166816#166816) which should be fixed soon.

You still can add friends through Anti-Spam settings page.

I will work with you directly to see why your good messages are treated as Spam.

Thanks for your reply. I read that link and understand but interesting to note that this is not a recent issue with me. I really cannot remember an anti spam toolbar and had this problem back as far as a year ago-no tool bar then either. Just received your private message and will respond. Please note that I am a 70+ sort of savy computer user but there is a lot I am not sure I can do with out more help. Will answer your private msg. soon.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community