cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Will Anti-spam ever work with Thunderbird?

If McAfee doesn't plan to ever fix the problem, please let us know so that we can find another security product. It has been well over a year since it last worked. If it doesn't work by the end of my current licence, I will assume that McAfee has no plans to fix the problem.

10 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Will Anti-spam ever work with Thunderbird?

It's supposed to work, what version of Thunderbird is this?   I don't use it mysefl but will try to check this for you.

Here's one FAQ that may help but there are many listed in the Technical Support FAQ section, just key in Thunderbird.

Technical Support may be able to help more quickly than waiting for a positive answer here.

(Linked under Useful Links at the top of this page).

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/09/12 5:58:18 EDT AM
Highlighted

Moved to the Anti-Spam section for better attention.

Highlighted

Just found out that there was a problem with the latest Thunderbird - due to the rapid-fire release policy of Mozilla with their products, it seems that as soon as the techs get it working Mozilla breaks it with a new rewrite of code.    I thought it had been fixed in this year's version of the software but it may not have been yet or, if you get your software from say, your ISP or PC maker, there is often a severe lag in software versions from what McAfee are currently selling.

Let me know what version of TB you are using and what version of McAfee software and I'll ask one of the technicians about it.

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 11

The "rapid release" answer has been used for over a year. They promised a solution that would work with the change that was made over a year ago. Nothing has happened.

Highlighted

Then I wont bother asking the techs about it as you seem to have made up your mind.

Highlighted

I use Thunderbird 15.0.1.  I could not use the AntiSpam module since my McAfee was 2012.  When I upgraded 2012 to 2013, the AntiSpam plugin of TB was updated into 2.0, and it worked.

I think that you should upgrade your McAfee to 2013.

Highlighted

Longwings could you be kind enough to post the version of SecurityCenter and of Anti-Spam from opening the SecurityCenter and then clicking "About" please?

Highlighted

McAfee Security Center 11.6.385

McAfee Anti-Spam 12.6.135

Highlighted

Hello

I don`t think any vendor`s antispam module works with Thunderbird. The rapid release of new versions of Thunderbird is most likely to blame - seems like every couple of weeks a new one appears.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community