cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Protection 2009 / Thunderbird Problem

I hope this is on the right board as I do not see a board for Total Protection 2009. I have enabled Spam Filtering for Thunderbird through McAfee Security Center. I see a sub folder for McAfee Anti-Spam under the Inbox folder and I am receiving messages correctly marked [SPAM] but none of them are redirected into the spam folder. My McAfee Antispam Toolbar is also missing.
These services are all running : mcsysmon.exe, mcagent.exe, MOM.exe, mksrver.exe, MpfSrv.exe, Mcshield.exe, McProxy.exe, McNASvc.exe and mcmscsvc.exe .
My email client, Thunderbird is version 2.0.0.19. I am runnig a Dell Dimension 8200, 1.9 Gb P4, 768 Mb RDRAM, Windows XP Home Edition SP3. I previously had IE8 Beta2 installed and was directed by a McAfee chat tech to uninstall it which cleared up a problem I had with the Security Center, however it did nothing to resolve this problem. Thanx RJB
1 Reply

Total Protection 2009 / Thunderbird Problem

Hi,

When you have the McAfee Anti spam folder then it is configured.
So make sure that the option “mark as spam and move to spam folder” is selected
McAfee Security Center >> Email & IM >> Configure >> Spam Protection > Advanced
Filtering options >> select “mark as spam and move to spam folder”
In “Email tool bars” make sure the thunder bird is having a check mark

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community