cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time

What does the time ie: 6:25:17P.M. that changes throughout the day and appears next to "Content Update" mean?

Thanks
10 Replies

RE: Time

Its the time when your content filter for your McAfee Anti-Spam updates. Is there something different that you noticed about it?

Yes, I notice that the number does increase each day, but the time continues to increase over the course of the day and well into the night where the content number remains the same.
Example: the number that appears today is 3165.
That number remains constant all day.
The time, however, keeps changing as the day goes on.

Thanks
Highlighted

By which you mean to say that the McAfee Anti-Spam content filter does not update, am I right in saying so?

If thats true can you please try to run the McAfee Virtual Technician and let me know if its able to find any issues with the McAfee products installed on your machine. To run the McAfee Virtual Technician please follow the steps mentioned below:

1.Click on the following link https://us.mcafee.com/root/mvtapp.exe now you would get a file download security warning click on save and save it to the desktop.
2.Now click on ‘Run’ on the next window which would open the McAfee Virtual Technician.
3.Click on ‘Continue’ which would give you the End User License Agreement click on ‘I Agree’.
4.Now the McAfee Virtual Technician would start scanning your computer.
5.Once the scanning is done on the top right corner you would have the Session ID make a note of it.
6.Now if it gives you an ‘Auto Fix’ option please go-ahead and try to resolve the issue or if it gives any message make a note of it.
Now please give us the Session ID so that we can have a look at the information.

Actually it seems to update once daily but not with each increase in time shown. throughout the course of the day.

Is the spam filter supposed to be continually updating NUMEROUS times throughout the day?
That would be an awful lot of times.
I get one update per day.

Thanks
vinod_r2
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 11

It updates once a day mostly..

Yeah, that's what I've come to believe.
It just seems strange that the the time advances several times an hour with no further updates.
This really is a minor point, Oliver.
I've just been a bit curious.

Thanks
vinod_r2
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 11

That is normal.. only if there is an update you get that so it varies as such

OK... Understood.
Thanks for clearing that up.