cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird, Anti-Spam's FRIENDS list

I've got the latest version of Thunderbird and running McAfee Anti-Spam V10.15.106. Under CONFIGURE, E-MAIL and IM, ADVANCED, is a FRIENDS selection. When I got to IMPORT the Thunderbird Address Book I get GARBAGE, some, but not all, of the e-mail entries are OK, but the majority are pure garbage.

Has anyone else noticed this or tried importing the Thunderbird Address book? If you have, and it looks OK, please let me know as well. I'm working with the phone support people and they say they have never heard of this, but they have connected to my machine, see it, have REMOVED all entries, tried again, and it is still messing up. Without this correct list, the web mail filtering is causing some problems for me.

If I do add and address MANUALLY or via the SPAM folder in Thunderbird, the entries are OK.

Irv S.

5 Replies
coxy
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thunderbird, Anti-Spam's FRIENDS list

I get exactlly the same. Do you know how to remove all the friends in one hit? I can only remove one at a time, very slow

I am using Thunderbird 52.9.1 and WIndows 7.

I have found that McAfee is simply not able to import address books from Thunderbird into the Friends List.

I have followed the instructions to the letter. They don’t work. McAfee tells me that my address book is empty.

The main address book in Thunderbird is called "All Address Books". I have 3267 contacts in the address book called "All Address Books". But McAfee thinks it's empty.

Can you please help.

@ispalten

Please let us know whether you are using LDAP or windows address book in your Thunderbird.

Regards
Siva

I looked up the Composition and Addressing Settings in Thunderbird. It tells me "When looking up addresses, use my global LDAP server preferences for this account".

I did not choose this setting and there is no option to change it. 

Regards, Shirley

Highlighted

@Shirley53

Unfortunately, LDAP server is not supported by McAfee Anti Spam. Try exporting the address list to either Personal Address book or Outlook express. Try importing from either one.

Regards
Siva

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.