cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Regex test not working

Is there a specific version of regex for email custom filters.  I set block sender contains word or phrase /[3-9]/g then check the use regex box.  Test against a jumble of letters and numbers eg

5oiu4oijhgjg3 and test finds no result. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I'm getting lots of emails where the sender address is a random jumble of letters and numbers. Here's an example tNd7RvnNzetPhvYaD6@tNd7RvnNzetPhvYaD6.com. The McAfee spam filter doesn't recognise them as spam (don't know why) so I was looking to block the email if there are one or more numbers in the sender's address.

Or should the question be: why isn't anti-spam blocking these emails?

Versions: McAfee Anti-Spam 17.3 Build 17.3.159 Last update 20/09/2017 Content version 6120 Content update 27/09/2017 11:25

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community