Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lscouras
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Office 365 and suddenly no more McAfee anti-spam in Outlook

I have office 365 with McAfee Anti-spam.  It was working fine up until about a week ago.  Now it is not on my tool bar and the folder, which still exists, has not synced or had any activity for at least a week.  Why is it gone and how do I get it back?

5 Replies

Re: Office 365 and suddenly no more McAfee anti-spam in Outlook

Hi @lscouras,

Apologize for the inconvenience caused!

Please let us know the following details to assist you further on this issue.

1. Let us know the version of McAfee installed on the computer.
  2. Please check McAfee whether it is updated to latest version.
  3. Also make sure whether the anti-spam feature is turned On in McAfee console.
  4. Please let us know if there were any updates on outlook and let us know current version of Outlook10.

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

lscouras
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

I do not know the version of McAfee installed as it came with Office 365.  I am using Outlook 365 version 16.0.13628.20318 (64 bit).  When I search for McAfee on my system I see lots of folders/files but not sure which one, if any relate to Office 365/Outlook. See attached screen shots where you can see my McAfee anti spam folder in Outlook, but it is not on my toolbar, and the other screen shot shows the folders I find when I search for McAfee on my system.

Thanks!

Hi @lscouras,

Thank you for the details provided!

I have sent a personal message. Kindly revert back with the requested details to assist you further.

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

lscouras
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

I have tried to respond to your PM via email but I keep getting the following error:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

McAfee Community (**personal information omitted**)
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, the recipient's email system refused to accept a connection from your email system.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their email system is refusing connections from your email server. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

If there is some other means to respond please let me know.

For Email Admins
No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the remote host - that is, one with no server application running. For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361

GaneshR
Message 6 of 6

hi @lscouras 

Thank you for the details provided! I have sent a personal message.

Please check and revert back

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community