cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Rule to Move spam from Junk E-mail folder to McAfee Anti-Spam folder

I have a PC with the Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit operating system; the office automation suite is Microsoft Office 2010 Professional (Outlook 2010 is the email program) and the Internet security suite is McAfee Internet Security 2012 (McAfee Anti-Spam version 12, build 12.0.292, content version 4043, engine version 2.2.0.9286).

When I open Outlook 2012, 99% of spam e-mail ends up in the Outlook 2012 Junk E-mail folder rather than the McAfee Anti-Spam folder.  I would like to know how to create an Outlook 2012 RULE to move any and all e-mail that is in the Outlook 2012 Junk E-mail folder to the McAfee Anti-Spam folder.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided.

3 Replies
k3tg
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Need Rule to Move spam from Junk E-mail folder to McAfee Anti-Spam folder

Try this

Open MS - outlook - click on help - About Microsoft outlook- Click disabled items and then check if McAfee Anti-Spam is disabled. If yes then please enable. After completing this check to see if spam emails are moved directly to the McAfee Antis Spam folder or not

Let us know if this resolves your issue

The McAfee Anti-Spam add-in is active (McAfee AddIn  C:\Program Files\mcafee\msk\mskola64.dll).  I also see the McAfee Anti-Spam folder as a sub-folder under the Outlook 2010's Inbox folder; the problem is that spam e-mail does not go to the McAfee Anti-Spam folder - it ends up in Outlook 2010's Junk E-Mail folder.  That is why I am asking about creating an Outlook 2010 RULE to move items from the Outlook 2010 Junk E-Mail folder to the McAfee Anti-Spam folder.  I have attached a screen shot showing a spam e-mail that arrived and was put into the Outlook 2010 Junk E-Mail folder, rather than the McAfee Anti-Spam folder.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: rumpl1452 on 11/19/11 7:57:06 AM CST
Highlighted
okv
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

On your Outlook Home ribbon press on Junk/Junk E-mail options( it is in the same group as Delete) , than set: No Automatic filtering. Outlook junk redirection has priority over third-party plug-ins.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community