cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you stop legitimate E-mails from being re-routed to the anti-spam folder?

I am using Windows XP, Outlook Express and Firefox.  I have looked everywhere I can think of to control McAfee decisions on what messages are spam.

3 Replies
Dinz
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do you stop legitimate E-mails from being re-routed to the anti-spam folder?

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Mcafee antispam settings, please provide us certain information so that we could assist you better.

Open security center and let me know whether it states “Am I protected YES” or “Your computer is secure”( to know the version )
What is the version of Microsoft outlook ?
Are all of you mails being routed to antispam folder or only from specific users ?

Regards,
Dinesh K

Re: How do you stop legitimate E-mails from being re-routed to the anti-spam folder?

Am I Protected Yes

Outlook Express 6

All the real spam messages are stopped as well as the odd legitimate message.  Ex: Aeroplan

If the messages are marked as SPAM by McAfee Anti-Spam, the easiest way is to click the message and then on the McAfee toolbar in Outlook Express click the "Not Spam" button.

You can also add certain people as friends to ensure that email from them never gets marked as SPAM.

There are also a number of settings that you may wish to look at inside Security Center (under Web and Email Protection, click Anti-Spam).

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community