cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Anti-spam support IMAP?

Hi,

I'm using Outlook 365 and my mailboxes consist of 1 outlook.com Exchange and 3 IMAP accounts. The McAfee Outlook addin on the toolbar is greyed out for the IMAP accounts and not filtering spam in them, whereas the outlook.come looks OK and the Inbox has a McAfee anti-spam sub-folder inserted.

The reason I activated anti-spam is that it's these IMAP mailboxes that get the most dangerous spam whereas outlook.com has its own decent filter and McAfee anti-spam is not essential for that account.

I can't find anything in the help / forum, appreciate some guidance, thanks.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Does Anti-spam support IMAP?

@cavehomme1 

Please find below the details about supported Email Programs for Anti-Spam

• POP3—Outlook, Thunderbird

• MAPI (Microsoft Exchange Server)—  Outlook

• WebMail— Any webmail account with IMAP/POP3 access.(Anti-Spam checks the email you receive through a browser)

Required for Anti-Spam Toolbar

• Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019

• Thunderbird 38.0+

Regards
Siva

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community