Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leeflea
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Anti spam

I have McAfee Total Protection and am wondering if I can make it more sensetive to spam. Today, I had an issue with possible hacking/phishing from an e-mail. I contacted McAfee about this and the person with whom I chatted was most helpful and kind in addressing my concerns. Since having received the unsolicited e-mail which might have been malware, I'm particularly anxious and want to do as much as possible to protect my comptuter and the contents, therein.

Might someone be so kind as to help me with this issue?

Thank you,

Leeflea

2 Replies

Re: Anti spam

If you open up the McAfee Security Center and click "Web and Email Protection", then "Anti-Spam" you will get into the settings for Anti-Spam.

Click the heading "Spam Protection Levels" and change it as desired.  You probably want the "aggressive" setting.

leeflea
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Anti spam

Shawn,

Thank you so much for your instructions and insight. Yes, I'll do that just as soon as I finish responding to your message.

Again, many thanks and esp. for putting it in a way a novice like myself can readily understand.

Leeflea

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community