cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Anti-spam folder in outlook

I use web-based outlook on a windows 10 laptop. McAfee came with the computer and I had to activate it in before I could delete it - I figured I might as well use it for the free-trial period. The anti-spam folder appeared in my outlook and started sucking in emails - even ones from people in my address book which is clearly a malfunction. I restored the emails and deleted the folder but it just came back when I went back into outlook. This time it was pulling in very important emails but the only way I knew it was by searching for them specifically. They weren't in the folder if I opened it but search found them. I uninstalled McAfee through windows. Folder kept coming back. Contacted outlook support. They said it was McAfee. Used McAfee's removal tool. Folder kept coming back. Contacted McAfee support. After two days and a total of 6 hours waiting for help, spent another hour and a half online with support. Folder STILL coming back. Support assures me that it isn't hiding any more of my emails, but how can I trust that? The folder shouldn't even be there with the program gone. Oh yeah, and McAfee support told me to contact microsoft. 

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Anti-spam folder in outlook

@debfmsfd 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. For better understanding in which device the McAfee Anti-Spam folder was not getting deleted. Please share the service request no. as well

Regards
Siva

Highlighted

Re: Anti-spam folder in outlook

I don't know what it was. They were not able to help so I didn't bother keeping it. As I noted in the question, I have a laptop running windows 10. I also have outlook on my desktop running windows 10. I also have it on my android phone. 

I deleted McAfee from both computers and used the removal tool provided by McAfee to take off remaining program files. I never had McAfee on my phone. I don't have access to my desktop right now since I am working from home. I deleted outlook from my phone and reinstalled it - the folder is there.

The folder keeps recreating itself every time I open outlook on both my laptop (web version) and phone (app). There HAS to be a way to get rid of it. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community