cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Anti-Spam only working with one email accoount in Outlook 2016

I have Outlook 2016 on my Windows 10 PC

McAfee Anti-Spam has always worked fine with my Hotmail account, but not with my BT/Yahoo account, or Gmail - I don't care about that one so much and in any case the main problem is at the Gmail end

But recently I thought  it should work with the Yahoo account, so I set it up again.

This has half worked.  It is now (fairly randomly) putting Spam mails in the anti-spam folder.  Good.  However the section of the McAfee toolbar that should allow me to Mark as Spam / Mark as Not Spam / Add as Friend is greyed out when working in Yahoo, whether in an individual mail or in the Inbox or any other folder, so I have no control at all,   The toolbar works fine when dealing with Hotmail.

Also, all messages in the Yahoo inbox now seem to be marked as read when they ae down loded

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Anti-Spam only working with one email accoount in Outlook 2016

@StokeySue 

Please let us know whether multiple emails were configured in your outlook or you see this issue on different PC. Please share the screenshot and the McAfee version is installed on your computer

Regards
Siva

Highlighted

Thought I'd posted this, but just realised I'd only saved it

McAfee Live Safe version 16.0 Security Centre Version 18.1

I only have one PC 

I am not sure what you mean by "Please let us know whether multiple emails were configured in your outlook" as I have already made it clear that I have yahoo (btinternet.com). Hotmail and Gmail accounts all used in the Outlook app

What do you want a screen shot of?  I guess probably the menu, I just realised this when it caught a message I'd like to mark as Not Spam but can't.  As I am partially sighted I use colour inversion, so the white menu items are working, the bright green ones are what would normally be "greyed out"

McAfee Snip 02OCT.png

Highlighted

@StokeySue 

I have sent you the private message. Please reply to that.

Regards
Siva

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community