Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dms26
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Anti Spam and Thunderbird

I have uninstalled MTP, ran MCPR and reinstalled MTP at least twice since AS has been causing TB to freeze at TB startup.  Where I now stand is nothing filters.  I went to Mozilla forums about an address import issue, which I fixed on my own.  By the time I got response, I was being told multiple times, Not to use McAfee AS with Thunderbird.  They even linked articles.  What the articles revealed was many AS programs had difficulty with TB.  My question is, maybe the problem is Mozilla.  Does any one have suggestions for a different email client?

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Anti Spam and Thunderbird

I use TB and Mcafee ( MTP) and done so past 5 years. Presently there are several AS issues I have seen that will be fixed in the next patch (I hope) main 1 is that emails put in the AS folder do not show up ie no number of unread emails show till you select the folder.

I do not get may spam emails my ISP prunes them I think but AS and TB should at least no cause locking up of TB. Another Mod uses windows mail hacked to allow it to be run on windows 10 As works with that or at least used to. He does not use AS though but worth a thought.

What OS are you running.

dms26
Level 9
Message 3 of 6

Peacekeeper, I appreciate all your help.  It seems all issues are coming back to multiple profiles in TB. First, I have no idea how duplicates happen. Second, without a little research I am afraid to delete one for fear of losing all my information.  Thanks for all your input. 

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I have two profiles just checked the second rarely used one and it does not lock up. there is supposed to be a TB fix for some issues coming soon nothing re locking. by duplicates what do you mean 2 of esch post if so try deleting 1 that you can lose and see what happens.

If we have a mod call Monday ( up in the air at this time)  I will enquire if Intel/McAfee has any known locking issues with TB.

dms26
Level 9
Message 5 of 6

In TB when you click Help > Troubleshooting Information, you get a tab with version, add ons, accounts, etc.  The 4th choice from the top is called profile folder.  If you click that, Windows explorer opens to show the path of the folder which contains all your TB settings.  I have 2 of them.  AS seems to look in 1 for mail to filter but all my mail is in the other.  I have come to the conclusion this is why none of my mail is filtering.  It sees one and not the other.  I am guessing that I will have to manually move settings from 1 to the other.. Hopefully this would solve all my problems.

Btw, AS is no longer locking up TB.

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

This really A TB question I have two profiles as well. The two profiles are not exactly the same some folders missing and size files vary.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community