Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dms26
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 21

Anti-Spam and Thundebird 7

Is there any time frame for Anti-Spam to be compatable with Thunderbird 7?

20 Replies
okv
Level 11
Message 2 of 21

Re: Anti-Spam and Thundebird 7

We are working on full solution which would be compatible for all future TB versions( unless Mozilla changes rules again).

I can't commit on final dates but this job is in progress and of high priority.

Sorry for inconvenience.

dms26
Level 9
Message 3 of 21

Thanks.  I at least I know it'sbeing worked on.  I'll check back every couple of days.  Will a solution (update) post here or in a specific area of the McAfee website?  Or will it just update when the sftware connects looking for updates?

okv
Level 11
Message 4 of 21

Once we have working and fully tested solution we'll decide on deployment and we'll keep you updated on the forum.

Thanks.

Is there a target date for completing the solution?

loudo
Level 7
Message 6 of 21

Looks like we don't have to worry about 7.0 anymore, now that 8.0 is out. Just have to wait for a fix for 8.0, now.

okv
Level 11
Message 7 of 21

New implementation is in testing now. It is not a per-version fix, but general soluton supporting all recent and future versions of TB, given Mozilla APIs will not change much again.

loudo
Level 7
Message 8 of 21

It will be good to have the tool bar back, when it happens. I have all kinds of good mail being sent to the SPAM, and without to tool bar I can't tag it a good email.

Highlighted
okv
Level 11
Message 9 of 21

Sure.

Try to add friends or/and play with Protection Levels. Our engine is quite decent on false positives, you should not have too much.

What does adding friends do to get AntiSpam working?  What Protection Levels?   Also I get messages with (Spam) in front but no Spam folder exists for them as TP does not work with Thunderbird for AntiSpam - at all!  I now have TBird 8.0

Message was edited by: tacoslammer1 on 11/14/11 10:45:51 AM PST

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community