cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eg123
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

VM validation failed - Couldnt get the IP address for vm user-image, timeout occured

Hi There!

ATD 4.6.0

I'm currently testing in the lab, i have created a VMDK and pass the check of VM Provision Tool, then uploaded the VMDK via ftp, after converted the image, then in Policy-> VM Profile-> New-> Select image-> Validate, it seems cant pass the validation check, errors as below:

Couldn't get the IP address for vm user-image, timeout occurred, validation failure

I tried to click Save to start creating VM Profile, but the VM creation will fail at last.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue? thanks!

6 Replies
McAfee Employee fkazi04
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: VM validation failed - Couldnt get the IP address for vm user-image, timeout occured

Launch the VM using the activate button on the ATD. Check to make sure the Windows firewall is disabled. If it is not fully disabled, disable it and shut the VM down gracefully then try again.

Regards,

Faizan

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
eg123
Level 9
Message 3 of 7

Re: VM validation failed - Couldnt get the IP address for vm user-image, timeout occured

Got an error saying "Failed to connect to server (code: 1006" when opening xmode, followed the solutions in kb85978 but seems not working...

McAfee Employee fkazi04
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Code 1006: status code for abrupt disconnection.

Can you confirm the TCP 6080 is allowed between host and ATD? and IE is not used

Also, which web browser are you using?

Regards,

Faizan

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
eg123
Level 9
Message 5 of 7

I did a network trace using wireshark, here was what i saw: - 192.168.0.86 is ATD ip

Snipaste_2019-09-28_02-25-24.png

Seems i should deploy a web cert for my ATD?

eg123
Level 9
Message 6 of 7

Btw i tried both FF and Chrome, same issue. not using IE..

McAfee Employee fkazi04
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Unable to get IP for VM and x-mode not working are quite different things.

- Unable to get VM is mostly in case where the OS version is unsupported or the credentials used for creating windows is incorrect. Kindly re-create VMDK and then re-create VM.

- For x-mode not working, you can try to restart amas service (amas stop & amas start) that should kickstart x-mode service is not responding.

Regards,

Faizan

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community