Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jround
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Upgrade physical ATD-3000 appliance from v3 to v4.4

We have a physical ATD-3000 appliance currently running 3.8.0.29.58939, and would like to update it to 4.4.0

From what I have read we would have to go 3.8 > 4.2 (migration package) > 4.4, are there any pitfalls to be aware of?  How do we take a full backup of the appliance in case we need to go back to 3.8, I can take a configuration backup from the admin interface but that looks to be about it, if it was a VM I could just take a snapshot! (sadly we don't have the resources required to run it as a VM)

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor mjesmer
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgrade physical ATD-3000 appliance from v3 to v4.4

So here is what I am thinking you could do. I have not verified that upgrading to new version upgrades the backup disc.

If you run show version application it will list what the Active and Back versions are. (Post that here)

If the current active version differs from the backup version run copyto backup (this will copy the current active version to the backup disk)

Then take your Config Backup and run a scheduled backup of the DB to an FTP server. (For restore purposes)

If you need to restore, and as I have said I have not tested wether or not the backup disk gets upgraded during the upgrade process...you could hypothetically do this..

Reboot Backup > copyto Active  (This would copy the backup disk version to the active disk version) 

Then it is a matter of restoring  your config backup and db backup.

If you have a UAT environment I would suggest testing this there.

Re: Upgrade physical ATD-3000 appliance from v3 to v4.4

The following is described in Google Translate.

We also upgraded ATD from 3.X to 4.4.
However, not in migration, we decided that new installations had less risks in our case, and installed ATD 4.4 on ATD 3000.

In doing so, the most important thing to remember is that Activate of the VM could only be done by web access via the management port.

Originally, it is only necessary to access the browser via the management port, but if it is not the case, it is impossible to activate the VM.
This is a specification changed with ATD 4.4, but it was not described anywhere.

We are encouraging McAfee to return to the original specification via this site.

Also, backup disks and active desks can not be used from ATD 4 series.
After raising to ATD 4.4, restore using backup disk can not be used.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community