Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J1mX1
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 19

Migration ATD update to version 4.8

Anyone else looking at a status window with 'Installation is in progress. Please wait' for the last couple of hours?

Wondering if this update has failed but will keep waiting for now..

18 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee fkazi04
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 19

Re: Migration ATD update to version 4.8

Hi,

Migration takes 90 minutes or more depending on the records stored in the database. You may wait for some more time for the migration to complete.

If the migration is not done in couple of hours, I would suggest you reach out to the support team. Please refrain from manually rebooting the ATD appliance during the migration process.

Regards,

Faizan

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Reliable Contributor SWISS
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Very helpfull INFO wait 3 hrs. Esp. if you run THE SMTP module now! 

* DO we in that case HAVE to CLEANUOP anything like on the TIE Database? Before Update

* Will the 4.8 release solve some EXE Files on HTML pages where ATD could not detect > He simply never runs the EXE and it STAYS in download manager on release beofee 4.8 (<4-20392629681> | ATD-3000, W7, IE11, Does not detect EXE EMOTET with URL)

* Does the HEURISTIC or KI module now work (Like it false positived every DELPHI app 2 years ago when it came out)

Are there new KB entry for the 4.8 ATD? If not please FILL up and make ajour. We urgend need such things. Updates go better and we had physical boxes since beginning.

Thank you

McAfee Employee rbrady
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 19

@J1mX1 

Another thing that can often cause the upgrade process to take a while is the vmcreation that has to run after a new version is installed.  Each of your scanner VM snapshots is recreated from the stored gold master.  This can take time, especially on the larger appliances with 50+ vms to recreate.

Let us know what ultimately happened with your upgrade.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
J1mX1
Level 7
Message 5 of 19

I am still looking at a Status box stating 'Installation is in progress. Please wait' sadly. I will login via the cliadmin to have a look to see if the version has changed then raise a case to support. 

J1mX1
Level 7
Message 6 of 19

Rebooted after 24 hours at after advice from support, version still at 4.6. So support ongoing..

Interested if anyone has been successful with updating and how long it took them?

McAfee Employee rbrady
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 19

Sorry to hear about the upgrade failure @J1mX1 .  If you are willing, send me a private message with the SR number you have opened and I will take a look at it and see if there is any assistance I can offer.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
J1mX1
Level 7
Message 8 of 19

Many thank @rbrady
McAfee Employee rbrady
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 19

In your case, what appears to have happened was it got stuck trying to update the SNMP binaries.  Your install log is filled with that looping over and over until I'm assuming you rebooted which terminated the update.  The suggestion I posed in the SR and will repeat here is to look and see if SNMP is enabled currently.  If it is, temporarily disable it, save and then re-run the upgrade.  If the upgrade completes, then re-enable SNMP.  If you don't have SNMP enabled, then we probably need to escalate this to our Engineering team to debug.

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor SWISS
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 19

We've been very happy how you guys full automatic UPDATE TIE and ATD Boxes in the past.

Please make sure this keeps running like that. Esp. now where we use the SMTP Module of the ATD Sandbox and not all of us can afford a second ATD for USD 60'000.-

I ask myself if it's would not be best for Mcafee to SUPPLY 1 x VM Version to every customers who buys a physical ATD so at least they can build a Master/Slave.

Would take 200% pressure of the people who release those updates and the customer who have to Install it.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community