cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mcafee ATD notification by ePO event

Really i don't have idea on sandboxing whether it is there in ATD or not. I have shared the event which i received on ESM and which is generated on McAfee ePO

1.Could you help me to provide information that what this event is for !

2. Is it a threat!

3. If it is not a threat then issue of ePO or ATD!

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Ramakant

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 20

Thank you Rich

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Could i have any update to my query!

This event is generated by ePO and received on ESM.

Could i get answer from anyone on my query!

Regards,

Ramakant

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 20

I will email the Corporate Moderator and a couple of McAfee employees on your behalf.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Highlighted

This detection was generated by Advanced Threat Detection and signalled ePO that a threat had been detected but not handled.  The threat was triggered by a malware detection.  EMS has then collated the threat event and has alerted you to the fact that ATFD detected a Malware threat but was unable to handle it.  To further identify what the threat was and if it has affected your organisation you should review the report generated by ATD in the ATD console.

More details about how to view the analysis reports are contained in the Product Guide on page 104

Regards

Rich

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Business Products

As you told that could be the way but the log is generated by ePO and from SIEM point of view , how to find this threat ?

By this threat name "atd_detected_threat" , i am unable to find details from ATD articles or from any KB articles. Also searched on google and result page is not having the information related to this threat. Also don't have access to ATD. If i would have access then i could check this option as well.

Thanks for your suggestion. Appreciate if you could help me on this threat name issue.

Help me if anyone could guide me for this threat name. What is this event for and the threat details.

Regards,

Ramakant

, if you don't have access to your ATD system at your organisation you will need to escalate it to your ATD Admins at your organisation for review. This is an operational decision which needs to be taken by your organisation, this is not something that product support can assist with, it comes down to how your organisation has implemented ATD.

Okay Richard.

I will take your suggestion for the same. Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,

Ramakant

Reliable Contributor Troja
Reliable Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Hi all,

from my point of understanding the Data Field "Threat Handeled" is also used for threat events from endpoints. For an endpoint this field is important, because the endpoint executes a file and is able or not to handle (remove/clean) the file.

ATD from my point of understanding, when talking about Sec Ops Platform Reference Architecture, is related to "Advanced Analytics". So ATD uses "Common Communication Platform" to communicate with TIE, uses "Contextualized Intelligences" and is a "Data Management" System.

BUT ATD does not enforce anything, so per design, ATD cannot "handle" a threat, it can only detect. 🙂

This is my point of understanding.... 🙂

Cheers

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community