Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor marcus69
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

How to copy VMImages from an ATD to another

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

We have two ATDs, one physical Appliance and a vATD, both running on MATD Version 4.6.2.13
The vATD is currently not in use and i want to test the recently published Upgrade 4.8.0

Unfortunately i have misplaced the VMDK for my working Windows 10 Analyser VM, which is perfectly running on the physical machine.

So my Question would be if there is a way to copy an already validated VMImage from one ATD to another without having to reactivate Office and Windows again.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best regards
     Marcus

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee rbrady
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Re: How to copy VMImages from an ATD to another

Jump to solution

Prior to 4.8, the only way to do this is to involve support and have them remote in to the machine.  Their elevated access is able to move the images to location that you can access to copy them off via WinSCP or the like.

Like the previous poster said though, in 4.8, we have added a copy feature to the UI so that you can copy from one ATD to another without support intervention.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee fkazi04
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi,

In ATD 4.8 we have an option to copy images between multiple ATD appliances. You should find this option under: 

Manage - Image & Software - Software - Image Copy.

Please refer to the installation guide of 4.8 for more details on the image copy feature.

There is no export option in ATD 4.6 build.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Faizan

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Regards,
Faizan

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
McAfee Employee rbrady
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Prior to 4.8, the only way to do this is to involve support and have them remote in to the machine.  Their elevated access is able to move the images to location that you can access to copy them off via WinSCP or the like.

Like the previous poster said though, in 4.8, we have added a copy feature to the UI so that you can copy from one ATD to another without support intervention.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

Reliable Contributor marcus69
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi Faizan, hi @rbrady,

thanks very much for Your quick answers.
I know that there is a copy feature on 4.8.0, which was highly anticipated imho, and is one of the main reasons why i'm tryin to get to it as soon as possible.

Actually the problem is that not everyone has a Microsoft Enterprise Contract where You dont have to care about software activation limits. So in my opinion we should have had that a lot earlier 😉

As the Upgrade takes some time, due to recreation of the VMs, I need to get the vATD running with the same Images that are on my productive system first, so that it can take over for other appliance. After that i can upgrade the physical appliance.

So i will open an Support Request hoping that the Guys can do the trick with their elevated access 🙂

Best regards
     Marcus

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community