cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATD ping using the malware interface

Jump to solution

Hi,

Any of you guys know if there's a way through CLI to ping using the malware interface?

How would someone validate if it's malware interface is up and running other then seeing the interface status as enabled with an IP?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee rbrady
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: ATD ping using the malware interface

Jump to solution

There isn't a way currently to ping via the Malware interface from the cli.  The best way to test it is to manually submit a sample (any will do, doesn't have to be malicious) in interactive mode, then when you launch the console, you can open a browser and verify that you can access websites, etc.

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee rbrady
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

There isn't a way currently to ping via the Malware interface from the cli.  The best way to test it is to manually submit a sample (any will do, doesn't have to be malicious) in interactive mode, then when you launch the console, you can open a browser and verify that you can access websites, etc.

Jump to solution

Yeah that's my other problem so far I haven't been able to launch anything in interactive mode or to do the activation of the VM since I always get a failed to connect error.

I followed all the KBs around this issue without success so I have a call opened with McAfee for that one.

But thanks anyway for the tip, it's good to know.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator