cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schrodinger
Level 9

[ATD] VM Create fails Windows 10 Pro

Dear All,

I tried VM Create on Windows 10 Pro, but  failed.

There is no problem in creating an image file.

Wed Dec 13 19:17:29 JST 2017:vmdk2img.sh: INFO: Image conversion of vmdk file Windows10pro.vmdk to qcow2 successfull

Wed Dec 13 19:17:29 JST 2017:vmdk2img.sh: INFO: Moving of image file done successfully

But it fails with validate.

1.  Testing FTP access...

1a. FTP connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx OK

2a. FTP login OK

3a. FTP file upload OK

No changes for installed applications settings will be applied for win10p0x64_20171213 VM.

It always stops after 3a.

---------------------------------------------

In the case of a normal validate log

1.  Testing FTP access...

1a. FTP connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx OK

2a. FTP login OK

3a. FTP file upload OK

4.  Testing Telnet access...

4a. Telnet login successful

5.  Executing verification tool...

---------------------------------------------

windows 10 pro does not have the telnet server function, so I think that this is the cause.

Even using VMDK Preparation Tool was a failure too.

Have you been able to create VM Profile with windows 10 pro?

Please give me some advice.

ATD Version: 4.0.4.23

Windows 10 Pro version 1607

Thank you,

0 Kudos
7 Replies
dagostinelli
Level 8

Re: [ATD] VM Create fails Windows 10 Pro

same issue here, any hints?

0 Kudos
sssyyy
Level 12

Yep, same issue. Hang at step 3a. Logged a ticket with Mcafee Support, no solution yet.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

If you try and boot the VM in activate mode in the VM profile, does it start without errors and shutdown normally?

Often at the step you are seeing it is a problem where the VM isn't starting normally (Windows recovery mode, etc) that is causing the install to fail.  Booting in activate mode and allowing it to start normally and install all the virtual hardware and then shutting down cleanly will clear the error state and allow the VM to create.

0 Kudos
pavelekg
Level 7

Have you solved the problem? I have exactly the same issue, VM is starting in the activate mode, but validation breaks after 3a

0 Kudos
pavelekg
Level 7

Hi

Any solution for this issue? have exactly the same, VM uploaded, converted from vmdk, starting fine in the activate mode, but can't createa a VM profile out of it...

0 Kudos
sssyyy
Level 12

Managed to get this working by running the validation in the VM first. Export and Import into ATD, activiate and convert in ATD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pavelekg
Level 7

It appeared to be a faulty Service in the ATD, that didn't want to perform the VM creation. Don't recall the service name, but once restarted on a shared session with a McAfee guy it solved the case. The VM image was fine.

0 Kudos