cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATD Scan Times for PDF Files

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Being an appliance (3.4.4.63.45665) with a fairly standardised VM image. What scan times are people seeing on average for PDF files? Reason I ask is with EOFY we were getting hammered with Invoices/Remittances/PO's etc and was experiencing ATD Timeouts all the time even with 20VM's running. I noticed the PDF's were taking around 2minutes each to scan. Is this about right?  Office documents are measured in the seconds.

So am not sure if the VM's need a restart or something on the appliance itself.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Troja
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: ATD Scan Times for PDF Files

Jump to solution

Hi,

i noticed the same or a similar behavior.

There are PDF Files where it takes approx. 20 seconds to analyze and there are PDF File where the analysis does approx. 180sec.

I just figured out:

- 180 seconds is the maximum value for analysis configured in the Analyzer Profile.

- If the analysis does so long the result always shows an final score: N/A

From my side perhaps the PDF file cannot be checked and the analysis process is running into the "Maximum run time" setting and exits.

Cheers

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi,

i noticed the same or a similar behavior.

There are PDF Files where it takes approx. 20 seconds to analyze and there are PDF File where the analysis does approx. 180sec.

I just figured out:

- 180 seconds is the maximum value for analysis configured in the Analyzer Profile.

- If the analysis does so long the result always shows an final score: N/A

From my side perhaps the PDF file cannot be checked and the analysis process is running into the "Maximum run time" setting and exits.

Cheers

Jump to solution

Interesting, I wonder if something causes them to struggle and not be able to analyse them within the 3 minutes. Thanks for giving me something to work from.

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

At the moment i installed a new appliance for a customer with completely new images. Will test if i can see the same behavior.

Will update.

Cheers

Jump to solution

Is there any way create different a Vm/analyzer profile for only PDF files? Because Pdf files analysis process takes too long! Maybe we can solve this issue by creating a new profile