cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ATD Scan Times for PDF Files

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Being an appliance (3.4.4.63.45665) with a fairly standardised VM image. What scan times are people seeing on average for PDF files? Reason I ask is with EOFY we were getting hammered with Invoices/Remittances/PO's etc and was experiencing ATD Timeouts all the time even with 20VM's running. I noticed the PDF's were taking around 2minutes each to scan. Is this about right?  Office documents are measured in the seconds.

So am not sure if the VM's need a restart or something on the appliance itself.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Troja
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: ATD Scan Times for PDF Files

Jump to solution

Hi,

i noticed the same or a similar behavior.

There are PDF Files where it takes approx. 20 seconds to analyze and there are PDF File where the analysis does approx. 180sec.

I just figured out:

- 180 seconds is the maximum value for analysis configured in the Analyzer Profile.

- If the analysis does so long the result always shows an final score: N/A

From my side perhaps the PDF file cannot be checked and the analysis process is running into the "Maximum run time" setting and exits.

Cheers

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi,

i noticed the same or a similar behavior.

There are PDF Files where it takes approx. 20 seconds to analyze and there are PDF File where the analysis does approx. 180sec.

I just figured out:

- 180 seconds is the maximum value for analysis configured in the Analyzer Profile.

- If the analysis does so long the result always shows an final score: N/A

From my side perhaps the PDF file cannot be checked and the analysis process is running into the "Maximum run time" setting and exits.

Cheers

Jump to solution

Interesting, I wonder if something causes them to struggle and not be able to analyse them within the 3 minutes. Thanks for giving me something to work from.

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

At the moment i installed a new appliance for a customer with completely new images. Will test if i can see the same behavior.

Will update.

Cheers

Jump to solution

Is there any way create different a Vm/analyzer profile for only PDF files? Because Pdf files analysis process takes too long! Maybe we can solve this issue by creating a new profile

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.