Highlighted
Reliable Contributor marcus69
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

ATD Provisioning Tool does not detect Windows 10 Version

Hi Guys,

i'm trying to create a new Analyzer VM for our ATD 4.6.0

I've barely read every available manual on how to create a Windows 10 VM, also the posts and guides on this forums. But it seems that i cannot win this game 😞

On the ATD Installation Guide it says on Page 12 which OS' are supported:
- Win 10 Enterprise 64-Bits Version 1511, 1607, and 1703
- Win 10 Professional Version 1607

So i've created a VM using VMWare Workstation 15 with Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Version 1703 (International Version !). The ISO Image for Installation was Downloaded at Microsoft from our Partner Portal, to make sure to have genuine Installation Media.

But finally, when the ATD Provisioning Tool runs, it does not detect the Windows 10 Version, despite the Fact that it is Win 10 Enterprise x64 Version 1703:

2019-03-07 14_01_30-ATDAnalyzer-Win10x64-1703-fehler0.jpg

If you ignore this Warning, the ATD Provisioner crashes after a few ticks:

2019-03-07 14_01_30-ATDAnalyzer-Win10x64-1703-fehler1.jpg

Does anyone have similar experineces creating a Windows 10 Analyzer VM ?

Of course, i could try the other versions 1809,1607 or 1511 but its so time consuming, not to say very annoying when you follow the official guides respecting every requirement and end like this Smiley Sad

Regards,

Marcus

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Reliable Contributor marcus69
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: ATD Provisioning Tool does not detect Windows 10 Version

Update on this:

in the meantime i've tried Windows 10 Enterprise en-US Version 1607 VL-Version - seems to work without problems.

So my conclusion would be that "Redstone 2" is not (yet) supported, and i doubt that "Redstone 5" is working either, even the ATD documentation claims it.
There might be differences on the installation Image as Microsoft has a whole bunch of different Installationmedia (VL an Retail) using different Languages. 

Unfortunately i could not find any information on the ATD Documentation which Media to use. My guess would be that Volume Licenced Installation Media might differ from Retail or OEM Versions.

And when it comes to Office, you're completely doomed. Since Office 2013 there are MSI Installer Versions, and Click-2-Run Versions. I don't know which one is supported by the ATD Provisioning Tool, as again there is no Information on the Install Guide.

When installing Office 2016 Professional Plus (C2R Version) with Windows 7 on a Analyser VM, the Provisioning Tool states "Office Version unknown".
We've opened a Support Case but even McAfee Support was not able to get this Version running on an Analyser VM with Windows 7 Pro. After Activation and Validation Microsoft Word is not able to handle its default template file normal.dot correctly and reports Errors when analysing Documents.

Long story short: it would help a lot if the Install Guides could be more precise when specifying supported versions. At this point it is more or less a game of Trial and Error finding the correct versions and installation media.
Also this might be expensive for users that cannot afford a Microsoft Enterprise Contract where you dont have to care about Activiation Limits.

Best Regards,
      Marcus

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community