cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATD Image Validation stuck in progress

Hi all,

We uses McAfee vATD 4.0 and i want to validate an image. But the validation stuck in progress for long time.

In log i see only one line.

I restarted the appliance without any success, the validation not stopped.

How can i stop the validation? Any idea?

Thanks.

winsx

4 Replies

Re: ATD Image Validation stuck in progress

I have the same experience. Uploaded Windows 10 image to ATD 4.2 and converted successfully.

Then Activated and validated the image successfully.

Then had to check Malware Internet Access from the VM to see if it worked, did that successfully.

Shut down the analyzer VM and clicked Validate. This is where the problem began.

Been "validating" for an hour or so, until I rebooted the ATD in hopes of terminating the validation process. This was without success, after the reboot, the status is still "Validating".

Tried different things but there is no way to get rid of the validation status. Some shell script I reckon. Can't peek under the hood, unfortunately.

If I receive I solution to this problem I will share it here.

McAfee Employee rbrady
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

I would recommend engaging the support team.  They can clean up the orphaned process from the backend so the validation doesn't show as in progress anymore.

Once it's cleaned up, if you have vmcreation failures, I normally recommend booting the VM in activate mode and then rerun the prep tool by right clicking and running as administrator.  Once that finishes, shut down the VM and rerun the creation with 1 license.  If it fails again, the support team will need to investigate further.

I came accross the same issue today. Were you able to get it resolved?

Highlighted

I was able to get it resolved actually. I simply waited and after a few hours the problem went away. No magic trick, just waited. I hope you guys will be that lucky.