I sent an inquiry on this to my Intel Security Rep.
Will post, once I hear (unless someone else already heard and beats me to the punch).
FYI, still no response from Sec Rep. Sending follow up
Just heard back from McAfee. It seems they are still progressing with an EOL date of Sept 2018 for ePO 5.3.3. (Seems a waste to only support that patch level for a year, but, so be it.) The are now recommending moving forward to ePO 5.9, Patch 9 (5.9.1?) although Patch 1's RTW date is not yet known - the word was, if we can 'wait for it', 'wait for it'.