We can downgrade the McAfee agent by using forceuninstall command
create a new task for installation of agent and in the command line type "framepkg.exe /install=agent /forceinstall"and assign the task.
Test this on a few machines ensure that the communication is happening then roll out to others
Avinash is correct, however, you need to do some extra work first.
1) Remove the agent 5.0 installation file from the repository. (You do not need to remove the 5.0 epo extenssions).
2) create a task and use the force install of the older agent.
Best of luck.
Thanks for your answers. I made a deployment task for agent 4.8 with the command line "framepkg.exe /install=agent /forceinstall" after I removed agent version 5 from the master repository. The task apparently runs without a problem but it does not install agent version 4.8.
Do you have any other suggestions?
try this method
- select the endpoint |click on actions
- Agent | Deploy agent | In the installation options select force installation over existing version
- In the agent version column select the appropriate version
- enter the credentials for installation and click on ok
now the agent will be downgraded or reinstalled based on the version you select.
I'm going to have to do this too, version 5 of the agent isn't fit for purpose, we have servers everywhere running out of memory due to the compatibilty service and loads getting mcafee pop ups asking for reboots which weren't documented, if I knew of this I would of never rolled it out in the first place, we can't just afford to reboot servers!
I feel like I'm testing this product at the moment.
In ePO console under command line use only below syntax. Remove Framepkg.exe